Our volunteers have helped make the Trust and the Jones Log Barn Living History Center a huge success. They inspire everyone who cares about preserving America’s history. We have a wide variety of opportunities available including Museum Guides, Educational and School Program Activities, Guest Speakers, Special Events, Marketing and Grant Writing. Without volunteers we would not be able to maintain the quality and scope of our programs.
- Museum Guides: We need volunteers at the Living History Center on Sunday afternoons April through October. Working with knowledgeable docents, you will help guide visitors through the History Center. Work an occasional Sunday, once a month or each week, this opportunity is available to high school students (with parental permission), college students or adults in the community. Enjoy an afternoon in the historic Living History Center.
- Educational and School Program Activities Guide: We offer elementary school programs on weekdays in the Spring and Fall. We offer several different school programs on weekdays in the Spring/Fall, and our School Program Guides help us guide children in the Living History Center. School Program Guides must be skilled at handling children and using hands-on activities to create a fun experience.
- Marketing and Grant Writing: We need someone with grant-writing experience to help locate acceptable grants and help get them written, attach the necessary information and follow the grant guideless for submission, etc. This job can be done entirely on your own time schedule.
- Guest Speakers: We are always on the look out for new and interesting lecture topics for the Trust’s spring and fall lecture series. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please contact us.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Meeting and socializing with volunteers who have similar interests
- Satisfaction of supporting a local site of historic significance
- Sharing your special talents that will benefit the site and visitors
If you are interested in any of these volunteer positions or, if you have another way you can help, please call 610-644-6759 or email firstname.lastname@example.org