After years in the making, the Tredyffrin Historic Preservation Trust (THPT) has set its grand opening of the Jones Log Barn Living History Center for Sunday, April 3, 2022, 1 PM – 3 PM. Located at 297 Adams Drive, Chesterbrook, the Living History Center joins the existing Duportail House and the c. 1792 Federal Barn properties.
The barn museum features the history of the Jones Log Barn and its rebuilding process as well an inaugural exhibit showing the dismantling and adaptive reuse of the red barn at the Fritz Lumber Yard in Berwyn. Having generously donated the Fritz barn, formally owned by the Eadeh family, the Jones Log Barn reconstruction project utilized historic materials, including its original red siding.
Another highlight of the Living History Center is the expansive vintage farm equipment display, including over thirty antique tools and pieces of equipment gifted by Fred and Lura Wampler of Wayne. Staffed with knowledgeable docents, a tour of the Living History Center brings eighteenth century history and farming to life for its visitors.